Located in Mechanicsville, Virginia - a suburb of Richmond, The Boarding House is a residential care
facility established to provide an alternative to seniors uninterested in a large facility setting. The
Boarding House provides many advantages versus an assisted living facility:
- A client-to-caregiver ratio of 3-to-1 (most facilities operate near a 20-to-1 ratio) which results in much more personal
attention for our residents.
- A quiet neighborhood setting with an expansive lawn and beautiful outside sitting area.
- All residents have their own bedroom, our belief is that everyone needs their own privacy at times.
- Our caregivers live with our clients, which allows our residents and caregivers to form deep relationships, as opposed
to the high turnover of staff at a facility.
- Automobile transportation to scheduled appointments, no more waiting for a shared van or bus.
- A monthly price that is lower than most assisted living communities in the area.
Most professionals agree that we function better when we live in a smaller environment with a familiar group of
people. As a result, we refuse to have any "home-like" facilities. We have real homes in real neighborhoods similar to the
ones our residents have lived in their entire lives. Our tranquil, secure home environment encourages feelings of security,
freedom and self-control which enhances the quality of life of our residents.